Not open for further replies.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hi everyone,

All skins have been upgraded and are now compatible with the latest version of xenforo, currently 1.1.5

The skin updates can be downloaded from the customer category on these forums. :)

Vicros

Thanks bro..also since XenForo is moving forward do you plan on porting over any more IPB skins? We could use some....

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
If I decide to create any new xenforo skins, they will be coded completely different to the current ones. They will heavily utilize the extra.css file (instead of modifying the public/xenforo files), which will make upgrades much easier (if not automatic).

At this stage, I'm not 100% sure if the current skins will be upgraded for 1.2.x as they are simply too difficult and time consuming to manage. Time will tell. :)

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hello,

Download the latest skin from the customer category, and import the skin file in the admin cpanel. You can optionally overwrite your outdated version as well.

There are no new images in 1.1.5 so you can continue using your existing folder.

vicki

Customer
Hi Ehren,

Do you mean you probably won't upgrade the current skins to 1.2? I just purchased two skins a few weeks ago, our site hasn't launched yet. Can't you please make them work with responsive design? I really love the skins I've purchased! :)

Thank you for your hard work, but please, consider making them work with responsive design. Otherwise these skins are all wasted.:(

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
There will most definitely be discounted prices for recent customers if new skins are released for 1.2, however the current skins are far too complex to keep updated. If new skins are made, I will of course try and resemble the existing skins (colourwise), but the layouts may change quite a lot.

The new skins will be responsive since they will be based on the 1.2 code.

vicki

Customer
Thanks for the responses, Ehren. That sounds reasonable. Look forward to some great new skins in 1.2 to replace the old ones I bought not long ago...

nodle

Customer
I think when you see 1.2 comes out, xenforo will become even more popular. I think alot of people were staying away from it because of the lawsuit (myself included). Now that they are making progress I think you will see them pick up. I hope it helps out Ehren here with his business.

Renegade

Customer
Oh shucks! I was using Baisik as my default skin. Seems I will have to look elsewhere for a default skin. My members will kill me for switching default skin so often.

nodle

Customer
I would hold off Renegade. I don't think Ehren is abandoning ship or anything. He has been around for a long time skinning and his skins are known for having awesome support etc. I think you may see things pick up around here, especially with 1.2 on it's way. I think these skins are still the best looking xenforo skins out there.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hi guys,

I'm currently redesigning this entire site and plan to focus on xenforo much more now that their lawsuit has finished. Due to the large amount of work with upgrading the current 1.1.x skins (due to many HTML modifications), they will not be ported over to 1.2. Instead, there will be new skins created from scratch. They will take full advantage of the EXTRA.css file and will have little (if no) HTML edits which means they will "auto-upgrade" whenever new xenforo versions are released.

It may be challenging since the skins will rely purely on css modifications, however I feel it will be beneficial in the long run. :)

northwestbikers

Customer
Great to hear you're going to focus more on XenForo, I see you as the best skinner around and was happy to see this site was here when I made the switch. I totally understand your decision to not port any of the existing skins across, but hope that you can provide a skin similar to "Novus" as I've put many changes across to my site too many times in the last couple of months.

Good luck and I look forward to see the development continue :)

Paul

nodle

Customer
That EXTRA.css file is pretty sweet. I have been using it lately. Kinda a cool idea. So Ehren, when 1.2 gets released you are just going to create whole new styles and not re-use the ones like Infinite etc. correct? Just checking to see if I need to document all my changes or not.

estranged

Customer
Website
turkrock.com
I don't understand your logic here. You are already going to make new skins using extra.css right? Why not re-make the current skins instead of new ones? You don't have to make it free for existing customers. I'm personally willing to re-purchase my current skin (infinite) after you re-made it. I don't want to change the look of my forum.

fEaRz

Customer
I think it's a really bad move. Because for example: I bought a 1.1.x skin last week (Novus) and it's going to be useless when xenforo 1.2 become gold.

If you not going to upgrate it or let me choose another 1.2.x skin I will never buy anything else from xenfocus.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
The main issue with recoding the current skins is the amount of HTML changes which are required. They are heavily modified skins, so if I decide to upgrade them in the future, there will be a conscious effort made to reduce the number of HTML edits.

fearz: There was a post made a while ago which mentioned that recent customers will receive a discount on their first 1.2.x skin. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Menu