Background/image picker

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
All xenfocus styles come with a Background/image picker, which is embedded in the Theme Editor pop-up box.

To customize the image/hex color options, browse to Style Properties > Xenfocus: Background picker. You'll be able to enable/disable the picker, customize how many images are shown, configure a default image and change the image/hex value for each option.

To use an image, simply upload it to /styles/xenfocus/xxxx/backgrounds/, where xxxx is the name of your style - and then enter its image path in the Image input box. An example is:
Code:
styles/xenfocus/uniform/backgrounds/1.jpg

The background size, position and repeating options are different depending on the style, and are controlled via css. If you'd like to make adjustments, add them to extra.less

Update - October 6, 2020:
With xenforo 2.2, you may find your style assets (background images, etc) inside the data directory. You are welcome to upload your assets directly to that folder, or you can create a folder inside your styles folder (just like 2.1) - the choice is yours!

Last edited:

Clipz

Hello.
I have enabled the background picker and selected a default image.
But all i see is the background color but on my home page it shows the background image perfectly.
Any fix?

JohnD

I am struggling a bit with creating a background image to use. I have images on my pc which I would like to choose from.

They aren't online so they don't have a URL.

What are the steps that I need to take to use them as a background image on Dimension?

John

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hi John,

You'll need to use an FTP program to upload your images to your website. You can then follow the instructions in this tutorial to add the image to your theme (you simply just need to paste it's URL into the background image Style Property).

Just make sure the file sizes aren't too big. Anything less than 300kb would be ideal, if possible :)

Superswip

Hi Ehren,
I have the dimension style and I am using Xenforo Cloud. I am trying to add a new image to the background picker, but I am unable to. I have tried adding the new image directly to the file, before importing, but it doesn't seem to be working. Can you please explain how I can do this? Thank you.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hi Ehren,
I have the dimension style and I am using Xenforo Cloud. I am trying to add a new image to the background picker, but I am unable to. I have tried adding the new image directly to the file, before importing, but it doesn't seem to be working. Can you please explain how I can do this? Thank you.
Hey @Superswip

Welcome to xenfocus!

In this situation, you'll need to upload your images somewhere. There are some free hosts such as Cloudinary, but even uploading them as an attachment on your forum somewhere would work.

Once that's done, simply paste your URL into the "Background Image" fields on the Xenfocus: Background Picker page. :)

Superswip

Hi @Ehren ,

I have uploaded the image that I wanted in Cloudinary, and posted the url in Appearance > Style > Style Properties > Xenfocus: Background Picker. But the background image isn't coming up. This is what it looks like below.

Attachments

• Backgroundpicker_Xenfocus.PNG
    Backgroundpicker_Xenfocus.PNG
    53.7 KB · Views: 9

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com