Logo customization

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
The logo in all xenfocus themes can be customized extensively under Style Properties > Xenfocus: Logo and navigation

By default, all themes use a text logo. To change the type of logo, edit the Logo type setting.
  • Text shows only a text logo, with optional slogan
  • Image shows only an image logo, which can be defined under Style Properties > Basic options > Logo URL
  • Image and Text shows both the image logo and text logo next to each other. This works best when you have a small logo, but also want accompanying text. The image is defined using the same setting as above, Style Properties > Basic options > Logo URL
A slogan can be added by entering text in the Logo slogan box.

The other settings allow you to change the logo text color, font-family, font-size and height. They're all fairly self-explanatory so feel free to customize if necessary!

Last edited:

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
May I know how I can use Roboto Condensed Bold Italic as Logo Name? And Roboto (Normal) as slogan?
Insert the following code into Xenfocus: Content wrapper > Include CSS file. If content already exists, just add this code to the end:
Code:
<link href="https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Roboto|Roboto+Condensed:700i" rel="stylesheet">

Then add this to extra.less
Code:
.focus-logo{ font-family: 'Roboto Condensed', sans-serif; font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; }
.focus-logo-slogan{ font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif; }

xTrisx

When I try to edit Content Wrapper, I get this error

upload_2018-2-14_10-28-27.png

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
That could potentially be an issue with your xenforo installation since the software controls all of the style settings. Can you edit all other settings?

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Check the browser console for more information, otherwise just add the <link /> code to the PAGE_CONTAINER template file, somewhere in the <head> tag.

Taz362

I've tried various methods I've found here and there, but I can't seem to move the logo to the left in Aperture.
Can you help?

Update: figured it out.

Last edited:

NandorHUN

Customer
The logo in all xenfocus themes can be customized extensively under Style Properties > Xenfocus: Logo and navigation

By default, all themes use a text logo. To change the type of logo, edit the Logo type setting.
  • Text shows only a text logo, with optional slogan
  • Image shows only an image logo, which can be defined under Style Properties > Basic options > Logo URL
  • Image and Text shows both the image logo and text logo next to each other. This works best when you have a small logo, but also want accompanying text. The image is defined using the same setting as above, Style Properties > Basic options > Logo URL
A slogan can be added by entering text in the Logo slogan box.

The other settings allow you to change the logo text color, font-family, font-size and height. They're all fairly self-explanatory so feel free to customize if necessary!
In case for a png logo, what can be done if I want to put the logo to the left side?
It appears way too close to the centre, instead of being at the left side (as the text logo).

bplein

Are these instructions still valid for XenForo 2.2 and the Uniform style when attempting to use Google Fonts for a logo?

"Xenfocus: Content wrapper > Include CSS file": There is no "Include CSS File" under that section, there is a section for free form CSS. I've tried appending it there.

Also under the "Xenfocus: Logo and navigation" Logo Font Family, if I put anything in there, my displayed font on my site becomes a generic Serif font. I was trying to use "Obidee Sans" as well as "Jura".

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Are these instructions still valid for XenForo 2.2 and the Uniform style when attempting to use Google Fonts for a logo?

"Xenfocus: Content wrapper > Include CSS file": There is no "Include CSS File" under that section, there is a section for free form CSS. I've tried appending it there.

Also under the "Xenfocus: Logo and navigation" Logo Font Family, if I put anything in there, my displayed font on my site becomes a generic Serif font. I was trying to use "Obidee Sans" as well as "Jura".
The "custom css file setting" has been moved to Xenfocus: Miscellaneous > Include CSS file. The steps in the tutorial should all still be correct though :)

bplein

The "custom css file setting" has been moved to Xenfocus: Miscellaneous > Include CSS file. The steps in the tutorial should all still be correct though :)
Thank you, this was the necessary setting.

Would you like me to write up the complete revised Tutorial as a new Tutorial? It's a combination of posts #1, #3, and #19 that are required for success in the latest versions.