Novus Theme Questions

Skepta

Customer
Hi guys,

I am about to order your NOVUS theme since it looks very clean and has everything I need. I just got a few questions wich are important to me before purchasing.

1. I already run a community with about 2500 members (and this number increases daily) and I currently run this community on MyBB. I know that there are importers for mybb > xen, does anyone know how reliable they are tho (regarding the user data, mainly the accounts and usergroups) ?

2. My forum is currently dark and I would like to keep it like that. I know NOVUS is light, but I read in the description that I can change the colors. So is it possible to change NOVUS to a dark theme if I set up my own colors?

3. Is it possible to get some custom work regarding a landing page?

Best regards

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hi Skepta, welcome to xenfocus!

1. This question would be best asked on the xenforo community. :)

2. The Novus theme is currently only available in a light colour scheme. The "Easily edit colour scheme" feature is referring to the blue colour, which can be changed to any colour by modifying one setting. A dark colour scheme would require significant changes to the colour values (which you're welcome to try yourself), however that falls a little beyond the normal scope of support. If a dark theme is required, illuminate dark may be a better option at this point.

3. Landing pages aren't usually something I do. Are you planning on using the in-built Page feature within xenforo, or will you be using an addon to create a landing page? Once you create your landing page (with all of your content), I'll be happy to take a look to see if it's something I can restyle for you.

I hope that helps! :)

btmgreg

Has anyone created a dark theme out of Novus? Would we be able to trade amongst each other a dark theme of Novus if we were both customers? It's kind of the only thing stopping me from buying.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hi btmgreg,

Sharing themes between customers (even if the customer created it) kind of blurs the lines with the terms and conditions. With that said, if a customer creates a dark version of novus and you’ve already purchased the light version, they are welcome to share it with you if they like - however since the theme wouldn’t be an official xenfocus theme, support would be unavailable for it.

I imagine a dark version of novus will be made at some point, I unfortunately just don’t have an ETA at the moment. Sorry!