Uniform backgrounds

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Yes, the default background can be changed easily (by modifying one line in the javascript file).

Yes, the URL feature can be removed if it's not wanted.

:)

Jamie

Customer
I have a question about the URl backgrounds and since this thread is here I thought I would ask it here. :)

When selecting a background or an image from the a URL, shouldn't the default action be after clicking the change button, shouldn't the 'menu' that dropped down where we selected the background disappear automatically?

Jamie

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
It's definitely possible to do if needed. It was left open intentionally mainly because backgrounds aren't changed too often (so it's not really a nuisance if it stays open) and because people generally browse the backgrounds and test out each one before choosing one to keep. If it closed every time, they would need to reopen it which might become a bit of a pain.

Either way, it can be closed after clicking an image or the button if needed.

Jamie

Customer
Thanks for the quick reply. I will be buying the Uniform style and would like to request instructions on how to change it to automatically close when selecting a background. Also, do you offer a service to create a custom background set of say four or five colors for this site?

I am not sure if you have heard of Flexible skin for xenforo where it has four or five color schemes. It's a popular skin, but I like yours better, but like their color backgrounds. Can you PM me if you do custom work as far as the backgrounds?

Thanks,
Jamie

Jake

Customer
I was wondering if it's possible to disable background selection altogether and force all users to use a default background?

Thanks Ehren! :)

P.S. I've purchased IPB skins from you before, and I'm really excited to see that you're making xF skins now too!

RobParker

Customer
Another question along similar lines, on the demo when entering the URL to a custom image (using Firefox 3.5/OS X) the text box doesn't allow you to paste in a URL. Should it?

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Copy/paste should be working fine.. Make sure you're trying to paste text and not an image or anything.

If you're copying an image in Firefox, make sure you click "Copy Image Location" and not just "Copy Image"

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
There aren't any psd's required actually, apart from the logo which is included. Most of the skin is done using css effects, and psd files obviously aren't included for basic, flat images (such as the backgrounds) since they're usually changed to completely new images by the admins anyway. :)

What psd file did you need exactly?

RobParker

Customer
There aren't any psd's required actually, apart from the logo which is included. Most of the skin is done using css effects, and psd files obviously aren't included for basic, flat images (such as the backgrounds) since they're usually changed to completely new images by the admins anyway. :)

What psd file did you need exactly?

I assumed (maybe incorrectly) that styles normally come with a .PSD file of the whole style in layers/slices so that you can play around with the colours/gradients/etc before touching the CSS. Having said that, with XF changing the colours seems so easy that it's probably not necessary :)