View Counter Incorrect

FaeWhisperer

Hi, I originally posted on Xenforo help page, but it turns out that it's more than likely related to my custom style that I purchased. I purchased the Aperture style and have since added a lot of custom content to it.
I noticed that on in one forum, that lists all of my other forums show this:

Screenshot 2023-10-26 144254.png
But on the category views, the same forums listed show this:
Screenshot 2023-10-26 133032.png
the caches are cleared/rebuilt every night, so theoretically it should be working properly. I inspected the code where the '0' lays and got this:
Code:
<div class="node-stats">
                    <dl class="pairs pairs--rows">
                        <dt>Threads:</dt>
                        <dd>53</dd>
                    </dl>
                        <dt>Messages:</dt>
                        <dd>10.4K</dd>
                    </dl>

<dt>Views:</dt>
    <dd>0</dd>
</dl>   
</div>

I feel like this code is wrong, but I cannot find this code snippet in Page_Container or Xenfocus_Base.less so I have no idea how to fix it. If it's just a stylization that I can hide the views in category view, I would - but I don't remember how to change to show threads, messages and views.

I have two addons that shows views on a widget and in the actual thread itself but disabling them do nothing so I'm at a loss.

Any help would be appreciated!

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hello,

By default, these themes don’t modify anything outside of the PAGE_CONTAINER template file, so I don’t believe this would be caused by Aperture. If you’ve modified the theme and have caused this issue accidentally, I unfortunately won’t have a solution for you.

Have you checked your default Xenforo theme to see if the same issue happens?

FaeWhisperer

Oh...oh no, okay, well, lol tbh I never downloaded a default Xenforo theme, but I will check the Aperture Theme, I kept it just in case my custom styles went bad. Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll have to go on an extensive search. If anything, where would your best guess for view counters be in templates?

FaeWhisperer

Update: So turns out it was related to an add-on called Forum View Count, and disabling the function took away the '0' listed. This addon was supposed to add functionality with the Daily Statistics add-on that I had gotten from Xon. Searching for 'Forum View Count' returned no results, so I'm assuming the addon was deleted? I know I didn't get it from third party... I'm not sure anymore. Either way, it's fixed, and I'll just leave it disabled for now until I can figure out more.