Xenforo security fix 2.2.1

snoopy5

Customer
Hi,

Xenforo just announced a new version 2.2.1

Are there any changes needed in the templates Dimension and Illuminati, if I just upgraded to the template version for 2.2.0 yesterday?

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
No template changes are needed for this. The only modified template file in xenfocus themes is PAGE_CONTAINER, so if that file isn't mentioned in changelogs, you can safely continue to use your current theme :)

@nodle - If your site mentions outdated templates, there's likely a different reason. What file is being mentioned?

nodle

Customer
Website
www.fluxoid.com
No template changes are needed for this. The only modified template file in xenfocus themes is PAGE_CONTAINER, so if that file isn't mentioned in changelogs, you can safely continue to use your current theme :)

@nodle - If your site mentions outdated templates, there's likely a different reason. What file is being mentioned?
Mine shows PAGE_CONTAINER.

When viewing custom changes there are quite a few changes in red and green in there.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Feel free to send me a username/password and I can take a look for you. Outdated templates should only be displayed if they have been modified in the past..

nodle

Customer
Website
www.fluxoid.com
I see on another themes creators forum that they are having problems as well so there must had been changes to it.

B9E65477-1EAE-4E98-A97D-E912CFEAB894.jpeg

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Ah, you're right! Xenforo never mentioned any updates to the PAGE_CONTAINER file (they must have made a mistake since this appears to be the first time it's happened), so I could only assume no updates were needed.

I'll release the official updates soon, however if you'd like to upgrade your theme now, you can do so by opening PAGE_CONTAINER (in your child theme) and finding:
Code:
    <xf:if is="property('publicIconUrl')">
        <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{{ base_url(property('publicIconUrl', true)) }}">
    </xf:if>
Change to:
Code:
    <xf:if is="property('publicIconUrl')">
        <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{{ base_url(property('publicIconUrl', true)) }}">
    <xf:elseif is="property('publicMetadataLogoUrl')" />
        <link rel="apple-touch-icon" href="{{ base_url(property('publicMetadataLogoUrl')) }}" />
    </xf:if>