Aperture - How difficult are text/page color changes?

stranded starfish

Hello.
I am seriously interested in purchasing the Aperture skin for a new forum site I'm building, but I would need to be able to change the text and page colors across the entire skin (to a dark text, light background). I purchased a skin from another provider on the promise that color changes were "simple", and it turns out that the work involved was insanely extensive and difficult to fix in place. Can someone briefly explain what is involved with making the change for Aperture, so I know it will be worth my time and money? This skin is the best I've seen anywhere except for the color problem.
Thanks in advance.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Hello,

The Aperture theme was designed to be dark.. Converting it into a light theme is going to require quite a lot of work. The theme settings will help, but there will be areas which you'll need to manually adjust in the css. It's possible - but unfortunately it's not a service which I offer. If you're comfortable with css, I imagine it wouldn't take more than a couple of hours.. :)

stranded starfish

Thank you for your response. I understand.

The thing we find especially appealing about Aperture is that the space at the top of the skin for our logo/banner is larger than it is on the other models. Is there a way to adjust the size of that space in Fusion Light, which also features an image for the background? That would make it an easier choice.

stranded starfish

If we go with Fusion Light, we will still be wanting to adjust the color of the various pages (to a simple light color). Is this easier to do with this model than it is with Aperture?

I genuinely appreciate your patience. This should be everything I need to know to decide which skin to purchase.

Ehren

Administrator
Staff member
Customer
Website
www.xenfocus.com
Changing the height of the logo area in Fusion is simple, but you just need to keep enough spare space on the right so the search bar fits.

Since the Fusion theme is light by default, you'll find it much easier to adjust colours (assuming the overall general appearance is light in design).

stranded starfish

Uh oh. Problem. I was about to buy one of your skins, but I read in a private forum owner's community that they aren't compatible with Windows 10. Is this true? I would be crushed!

miguellandon

Hello.
I am seriously interested in purchasing the Aperture skin for a new forum site I'm building, but I would need to be able to change the text and page colors across the entire skin (to a dark text, light background). I purchased a skin from another provider on the promise that color changes were "simple", and it turns out that the work involved was insanely extensive and difficult to fix in place. Can someone briefly explain what is involved with making the change for Aperture, so I know it will be worth my time and money? This skin is the best I've seen anywhere except for the color problem. I also tried to lose weight by using PhenQ from here http://ohdivinehealth.com/phenq-review/ Great weight loss website.
Thanks in advance.
I think it needs to be changed at some places in css. it will not be as simple as a textbox. But it shouldn't be a big deal if you are comfortable with html and css. I agree this is the best skin.

Last edited: